23 – 25 February 2024
Zenith Virago presents a 3-day non-residential intensive, informative and intimate workshop to explore and explain multiple aspects of death, dying, loss and ceremony. Tender Funerals Canberra Region is excited to be bringing deathwalker, celebrant and educator Zenith Virago to Canberra to deliver her renowned Deathwalker training for our community. A Deathwalker is:
- a person who walks their own journey towards their death as openly, courageously and as best they can.
- a person who walks with or accompanies others, in their death or bereavement journey to encourage and empower them to be as open, courageous and the best they can and offers guidance to encourage and empower everyone.
Tender Funerals Canberra Region team will have some of their staff and volunteers attend this training and we are glad to offer this opportunity to members of our community as well.
- This training is perfect for anyone who:
- Wants to be better prepared for their own death
- Wants to support someone else on their dying journey Is contemplating a career in death care as a Death Doula or similar
- Works in a related space and wants to improve their professional capacity.
The training covers the spectrum of the journey and processes involved and amongst others things includes:
- Pre-need information and advocacy
- Transitioning from illness to dying
- Care for the dying and after-death body care
- Expected and sudden death
- Body disposal options
- Ceremony structure and content
- Healthier bereavement and loss
The cost of the course is $995. Please secure your place today by booking directly on the Natural Death Care Centre site.
Book your place today! https://www.naturaldeathcarecentre.org/events/2024-canberra-deathwalker-training/
Tender Funerals Canberra Region has applied for funding to be able offer subsidised places in this course to individuals or organisations who will be able to use the training to better service their communities. This funding is still to be confirmed, but we encourage you to contact us to express your interest.
Please complete the form below and we will be in touch
SUBJECT: “Subsidised Enrolment Enquiry”