Funeral Directors (1 full-time/1-2 part-time/casual)
Commencing February 2022
Tender Funerals Mid North Coast is an innovative, not-for-profit funeral service servicing communities on the NSW Mid North Coast from Wauchope, near Port Macquarie. We are now building a team of Funeral Directors who are passionate about creating positive change in the funeral industry and person and family-centred funeral care.
We are part of an Australia-wide Tender Funerals network empowering communities to make informed choices aligned with their values and to reclaim an active role in after-death care. At Tender Funerals kindness is our compass in everything we do.
What you’ll be doing
The cooperative team environment at Tender means that all staff will contribute to the development and growth of the organisation and participate in all aspects of operations. The full-time Funeral Director is a central role which will also take on training of other staff and volunteers and provides the opportunity for moving into a managerial role. Initial core responsibilities include:
- Assisting with mortuary set-up
- Mortuary care
- Facilitating funeral arrangements
- Coordinating/conducting funerals
- Contributing to the creation of a healthy team environment
- First call and on call duties
The Funeral Directors’ desirable skills:
- Be passionate about ethical person and family-centred funeral care
- Ability and commitment to value, respect and work with people from diverse background
- Experience in coordinating/facilitating funerals
- Capacity to perform advanced mortuary care
- 3+ years of experience in the funeral industry
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff, volunteers, organisations and community members
- Experience in training/skills development of team members
- Administrative skills
- Attention to detail
If this interests you, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your application including a CV and cover letter noting which position you are applying for and outlining your skills to [email protected] by Sunday, 28 November 2021.