At Tender Funerals kindness is our compass in everything we do.
Every day our community make informed choices aligned with their own values.
We will always be a not-for-profit and we will always be community owned.
The power of informed choice:
- Most of us don’t know what we don’t know.
- Choice starts with a conversation to identify what is needed and what is possible.
- We encourage all voices to be heard and inform meaningful decisions.
- We affirm the choice to participate in the way that is right for each person.
- Informed choice can include pre-planning of after death care and options.
- Your needs may change as you move through the process, and so your decisions can too. Take all the time you need.
Strength of community:
- An informed and empowered community knows what to do when one of their own dies.
- At Tender Funerals we open opportunities for people to recognise and connect with their community to look after their own.
- We believe people are capable.
- Capacity is developed as we learn together with knowledge embedded in the community.
- We are a community venture, existing to redefine value.
Kindness is our compass:
- It is a kindness to provide transparent options and support people in their decisions as to what is best for them.
- We walk beside each other to build each other up.
- At Tender we operate from a place of neutrality – so people can be just as they are.
- We pride ourselves on operating ethically.